Search This Blog

Friday, March 11, 2011

Following Up


The ability to follow up isn’t god given. It simply takes effort. Anyone can improve their follow up skills. Now I’m not one for the complicated. I have seen a dozen or so programs that all promise to help you improve ones follow up skills. However, for me it comes down to just a few quick things:

1. Any time I speak with someone, I want to create a reason to follow up. When I capture their contact info I make some brief notes as to what we talked about and what I want to follow up with.
2. During our conversation ask them when would be a good time to follow up and how would they like me to follow up (phone, email, text)
3. Follow up as scheduled.

Follow up comes down to doing what you said you were going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment