Search This Blog

Friday, July 9, 2010

Hospital News

I happen to play some pick up basketball games at one of the local hospitals in the area as we were getting ready to do battle (yes, I said battle I had my chin split open during today's game) I step out to use the restroom while on my I passed an office.  As I passed this office a young lady had enter and joyfully announced their patient was up.  I must say my first reaction was, "if your patient count is up, how could that be good news?  It means someone is hurt!"  This served as a great reminder that hospitals are in business.  Hospitals are trying to earn a buck.  Is there anything wrong with this, absolutely not! But just a warning that we the people need to be aware and do our research when seeking out treatments in hospitals.

Oh, and as an interesting spin the Early Show had a wonderful report entitled "Haggle Your Way to Lower Health Care Bills"  click the link below:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/07/07/earlyshow/contributors/susankoeppen/main6654097.shtml

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment